- 2.3 km circuit
- 1 hour
- Suitable for
- Walking, Jogging
- Grade 1, Easy Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Shepherds Hill Recreation Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 13 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Explore the river red gums and wildlife along Viaduct Creek on this loop walk. A wide well-made trail which is shared with beginner-level cyclists.
Best walked clockwise. When the Archery Club red flag is flying, the northern part of this trail is closed, but there is a marked route around the club.
You can walk your dog in Shepherds Hill Recreation Park provided it remains under your control on a lead.
Extend this Hike
- connect to the Grey Box Loop via the Seaview Loop, additional 2.4km
- walk up to the old railway viaduct and old railway tunnel, additional 1.5km return