- 1.6 km circuit
- 30 mins
- Suitable for
- Walking, Dog Walking
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 4 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
About the Walking Trail
The River Walk follows the banks of the Broughton River in the small town of Koolunga.
The Koolunga Development Association in conjunction with the Department for Environment and Water (DEW or previously DEWNR) to restore and preserve as much of the natural habitat as possible. This included removal of invasive weeds such as Pepper trees, African Boxthorn and Horehound.
The river area is home to thirty-four species of native birds, as well as turtles, frogs, trout and yabbies.
The trail is a 1.6km loop which can be started from:
- Bunyip Park (Koolunga Playground), at the end of southern end of Seventh Street
- the trailhead on Seventh Street
Not to be confused with the River Walk at the nearby town of Redhill (8km north-west).