28 July 2018: The map below may not be available right now, please try again later.
We are experiencing severe rate limiting imposed by Google under their new map pricing arrangements. We will be implementing a solution to ensure as many people as possible can access the walking maps.
Under Google's new pricing structure, we will incur an annual fee in excess of AUD $5,000 for a service which was previously free. As a not-for-profit body largely lead by volunteers this is not an insignificant charge. You can support our work in promoting walking and walking trails with an membership from $22 per year.
About the Walking Trail
Explore the Bluff by walking the 800m Rosetta Trail to the top of the Bluff.
Extend this walk by starting in central Victor Harbor, or Kent Reserve near central Victor Harbor, or walk further along the Heysen Trail to Waitpinga Cliffs.
- Petrel Cove to Kings Beach (to the Heysen Trail): 1.7km one-way, allow 1 hour one-way. 1 metre wide compacted gravel path with interpretive signage, dogs permitted on leads
- Petrel Cove carpark to the summit of the Bluff (Rosetta Trail): 800m return, 60m ascent, allow 45mins return
- Petrol Cove carpark to Whalers Inn: 1.1km
- Whalers Inn to Kent Reserve trailhead: 3.0km, 2 metre wide bitumen path following the beach into Victor Harbor
- Continue walking west along the Heysen Trail to the Waitpinga Cliffs