- 3.2 km circuit
- 1h30m/3.2km loop, or 4.5km/2hr return
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Dog Walking, Trail Running, Mountain Biking
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Whether you walk or ride to The Knob you’ll find yourself immersed in valleys of bushland surrounded by high hills, miles away from city life. Follow the shared use Knob Lookout Track down to the small rounded hill of the Knob. Return along the same track or Scenic Drive. Alternatively, return along a section of the South Para Grand and Lizard Rock hikes.
Walkers should note that the Scenic Drive section is a dirt road, and shared with vehicles.
Access the trail from the Gawler View Picnic Area. If the picnic area is busy an alternative easy spot to find the trail is from the end of Para Wirra Drive.