- 19 km circuit
- 9 hours return
- Suitable for
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
- Total climb
About the Walking Trail
A challenging circuit hike to the summit of the Flinders Ranges highest mountain – St Mary Peak/Ngarri Mudlanha at 1,171m. Rewarding panoramic views of the Flinders Ranges, Aroona Valley, and the salt plains to the west.
- The direct route (up the on the escarpment edge) is 6 hours and 14.6km return.
- The loop route is 9 hours and 21.5km.
- Rangers recommend you leave on this hike no later than 9am (10am during daylight saving).