- 1.8 km circuit
- 45 mins
- Suitable for
- Walking, Get to by public transport
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 11 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Route
Wander around the Waite Arboretum, either on one the walks or just freely wander (there are no marked routes). Arboretum simply means a collection of trees, and these here are from around the world and all growing under natural rainfall.
Ways to experience the Arboretum:
- There are two maps available from theh Friends of Waite Arboretum:
- Download the The Waite Arboretum app, available for iPhone/iPad, and Android. There app includes 5 walking routes which can be used to discover some of the 2,300 tree species. The routes are not marked on the ground, and we found the app a bit difficult to use (difficult to navigate along the suggested route), but if you enjoy discovering more about plants it is a wealth of knowledge and helpful in identifying trees.
- Wander around, it’s an easy park to wander around freely. There is a path between the farm dam and the Waite Institute
The Arboretum is open daily from dawn until dusk. Dogs are not permitted. During summer months grass seeds can be problematic, annoyingly getting into your socks.
Watch out for the distinctive Draceana Draco – or Dragon’s Blood Tree – which is logo for Waite Arboretum.