- 4.2 km circuit
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Dog Walking, Trail Running
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Cobbler Creek Recreation Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 11 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
The Valley Circuit takes visitors to some of the more remote parts of the park.
- loop hike
There are numerous shared-use trails within Cobbler Creek Recreation Park to explore, offering different walk lengths. There are some walkers-only and cyclist-only trails.
Dogs on leads are permitted in the park and Cobbler Creek.
- Babbler Loop, 3.6km
- Mia Tappa Circuit, 2.4km, walkers only
- Porosa Hike, 3km (a section of this trail north of Cobbler Creek is for walking only)
- Ruins Loop, 3.4km
- Mike Green Trail: follow Cobbler Creek east out of the Recreation Park for a further 3.3km, along the Mike Green Trail to Greenwith.
Access the park trails via:
- the Smith Road carpark
- carpark at the base of the Grove Way, just up from the Bridge Road intersection
- the Mike Green Trail on Middleton Crescent, Golden Grove
- Valour Court, Golden Grove
Discover the ruins of one of the area’s first European farms. One of the first Europeans to farm the area was William Pedler, a shoemaker whose trade gave rise to the name Cobbler Creek. The ruins of his farmhouse, Trevalsa, can still be seen on the Porosa Hike and the Ruins Loop. Teakles House is another stone ruin, also on the Porosa Hike, the Ruins Loop and the Valley Circuit.