About the Walking Trail
A dog and child friendly walk, explore the beaches and headlands between Petrel Cove and Kings Beach. Watch out for dolphins and whales off shore. Understand the landscape, geology and European and Aboriginal history through the interpretive signage along the trail.
Explore the Bluff by walking the 800m Rosetta Trail to the top of the Bluff.
Extend this walk by starting in central Victor Harbor, or Kent Reserve near central Victor Harbor, or walk further along the Heysen Trail to Waitpinga Cliffs.
- Petrel Cove to Kings Beach (to the Heysen Trail): 1.7km one-way, allow 1 hour one-way. 1 metre wide compacted gravel path with interpretive signage, dogs permitted on leads
- Petrel Cove carpark to the summit of the Bluff (Rosetta Trail): 800m return, 60m ascent, allow 45mins return
- Petrol Cove carpark to Whalers Inn: 1.1km
- Whalers Inn to Kent Reserve trailhead: 3.0km, 2 metre wide bitumen path following the beach into Victor Harbor
- Continue walking west along the Heysen Trail to the Waitpinga Cliffs