- 1.4 km circuit
- 45 mins
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Dog Walking, Trail Running
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 2 website links
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
This 1.4km circuit hike explores the former mine workings of Victoria Hill, a scene of much activity in the late 1860s. Interpretive signs provide information about mine shafts, mine workings and the former town that was once here.
The trail includes Bowden Cottage, which has a collection of mining equipment on display, a picnic area, shelter and toilets. The cottage is restored and houses the Barossa Goldfields Historical Society museum.
National Parks and Wildlife Service SA recommend walking this trail as an anticlockwise loop.
Begin the hike from the carpark on Allendale Road near Bowden Cottage.