Route StyleOne Way
This one-day walk passes along the spectacular coastline within Hillocks Drive, which is a real highlight of this end of Yorke Peninsula. Experience the rugged coastline, quiet sandy beaches and magnificent rock pools.
Our notes here begin at the end of Hillocks Drive, at the Kangaroo Island lookout, although you could begin walking west to Marion Bay from any beach or campsite within Hillocks Drive. The trail through Hillocks Drive isn’t well marked along the beaches, but is still relatively easy to follow (when it’s on camp roads it is easily followed). The trail in the western end of the property is also not well marked, as the trail heads to Meehan Lookout. From the lookout the trail is mostly on the beach in to Marion Bay.
This section of the Walk the Yorke trail is part of the section called Walk 9 – Foul Bay to Marion Bay.
Other Walk the Yorke Trail Sections
View other sections we have listed:
- Marion Bay to Gleesons Landing (5 days / 60.5 km)
- Port Vincent Walking Trails (2hrs / 5.5km)
- The Mosaic Trail, Edithburgh to Sultana Point (2.9km, 1-2 hrs)
- Thomson-Pfitzner Plaster Trail Hike (3hrs / 7.6km)
- Inneston Historic Walk (2km)
- Gym Beach Hike (12km)