- 6.5 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Walking, Get to by public transport, Cycling
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Route
A 6.5km walking loop of four trails:
The loop is not marked as a loop, but is easy enough to follow. Directions (walking anti-clockwise):
- Begin from the playground on Marston Dr, Morphett Vale
- Head south-west following Marston Dr. Follow the path through to Tracy Way and along Lynly Ct. Cross Flaxmill Road to follow the Golden Wattle Way Trail south
- When the Golden Wattle Way Trail meets Beach Road, turn left and follow the Beach Road Trail
- When the Beach Road Trail meets South Road, cross South Road and follow the footpath along Doctors Road
- When you reach the Coast to Vines Rail Trail, follow it north away from Doctors Road
- Near Morphett Vale East Primary School the Coast to Vines Rail Trail meets the Christie Creek Linear Trail, turn left here following the Christie Creek Linear Trail east back to where you started.
The trails feature trail links to the beach, playgrounds, schools, local shops, reserves, playgrounds and sports grounds.
The trails are shared use however some sections in Christies Downs are less developed and have a natural surface which may be difficult to traverse.