- 1.7 km circuit
- 1.5 hours
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Trail Running
- Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
This walking route is an alternative to the easy Summit Walking Trail.
The trail is easy to follow, and provides views to the east and west.
You can start the hike from either:
- From the first carpark, next to the radio towers, on Mount Summit Road. The trail starts from the large boulder in the first area of the carpark. This makes a 1.7km loop hike. The carpark gate on Mt Summit Road is locked before dusk every night.
- Via Summit Fire Track or ‘Scenic Way Up’, a walking-only fire track which connects from Williams Road. There is a small roadside parking area next to the gate and Authorised Vehicles Only sign. Follow the 950m fire track which loops around to the south, up to the walking trails. This makes a 3.6km lollipop hike.