- 4.5 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Walking, Wheelchair Accessible, Hiking, Dog Walking, Jogging, Mountain Biking
- Grade 1, Easy Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Onkaparinga River National Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 map PDFs
- 2 GPS files
- 11 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
The Wetlands Walk is located on the estuary within the recreation park and provides an insight into the fascinating and complex life of a wetland. The trail offers the opportunity for walking, birdwatching and photography. Along the trail are interpretive signs that provide information about the flora and fauna of the area.
Start at the carpark on River Road near Gate 12, also near the boardwalk.
The trail is accessible for families with strollers. small children and for those with mobility aids, including wheelchairs. The path is a mixture of boardwalk, and some gravel paths. A blog post on PushAdventures.com.au identifies some of the issues for wheelchairs accessing this walking trail, including a short grassed section between the picnic shelter and the start of the trail, and that the gravel paths may be muddy in winter.