- 1.5 km circuit
- 1 hour
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 2 website links
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
A loop through Wheal Watkins Reserve, a former mining area worked in the 1840s (wheal is cornish for mine). The trail passes through stands of pine and ecualypt forest, and walks along a wide fire track in the top section.
This walking trail is part of the Burnside Walks network, a series of trails around the hills on the edge of the City of Burnside, and in Mount Osmond Reserve. The trails are all well marked, with regular signs and numbered checkpoints that correspond to the excellent walking map.
Extend this Hike
- Include Circuit A (Toll Gate Circuit) to make this a 5.0km hike
- Walk south and loop back on the Toll Gate Circuit (Circuit A). Access Circuit A from Checkpoint 15, leaving the Wheal Watkins Circuit (Circuit B), walking south towards Seaview Road and Checkpoint 14.
- Walk a longer loop exploring many of the Burnside Walk circuits, on the 11km Longer Loop of Burnside Walks, A, B, C + D circuits walk
Parking is available at the end of 9 Wheal Watkins Street, Glen Osmond, a the end of Allandale Avenue, and at places marked with a P on the Burnside Walks Brochure.
Download KML/KMZ file
Download GPX file