- 1.6 km circuit
- 30 mins return
- Suitable for
- Walking, Wheelchair Accessible, Hiking, Jogging
- Grade 1, Easy Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Mount Remarkable National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
About the Walking Trail
Explore the child-friendly mobility-accessible Wirra Water Loop with interpretive signs.
1.6km, 30mins return.
An interpretive section of the Mambray Creek Walk explains the importance of water in the area as you explore rocky river beds.
Explore the wirra woodland, with abundant kangaroos, emus and birds.
Start and finish from the Mambray Creek campground, start from the Day Visitor Carpark and do the whole the Mambray Creek Walk (which includes this Wirra Water Loop.)
Accessible trail with good trailbase. Suitable for people with accessibility/mobility – with the caveat that although the trail is a consistent 1 metre width, with no steps, the trail is gravel and not bitumen and the gravel may be loose in parts.
Walk further and explore the ruins and cemetery on the Baroota Hike.