Tuesday 15 October 2019
10:30am to 12:00pm
Join a guided Spring bushwalk hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick.
Where else in Australia could you enjoy a bush walk, and possibly catch a glimpse of a wild African animal or one of our many new arrivals?
Monarto Safari Park is pleased to again offer our popular free guided Spring Bush Walks hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick. Bush walk is free, general admission is payable at the front gate on arrival (unless you are a current Zoos SA member).
A guided bush walk provides a unique way to explore the wonders of Monarto Safari Park. Enjoy up to 10 kilometres of walking tracks which meander through some magnificent areas of remnant native vegetation, often overlooked by many visitors. Take up this special opportunity to have your bush walk hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick who continues to be a passionate supporter of the zoo and has also been a volunteer for many years.
In addition to experiencing the magnificent native plant life and wildflowers of Monarto Safari Park, you’ll also delight in the native wildlife that calls it home. Many native animals including Kangaroos, Euros, Emus and Echidnas roam free throughout the park, you may catch a glimpse of them in their natural habitat. Following your bushwalk, be sure to also explore the zoo at your own pace. View endangered African, Asian and native animal species in an open range setting from the comfort of our free guided Zu-Loop shuttle bus. Monarto Safari Park is renowned and proud of our breeding success and contribution to the conservation of many of these species.
Available spring bush walk dates:
- Thursday September 5th 2019
- Wednesday September 11th 2019
- Friday September 20th 2019
- Tuesday October 1st 2019
- Thursday October 10th 2019
- Tuesday October 15th 2019
Spring bush walk participants are welcome to enjoy an optional delicious meet and greet morning tea with Heather served in the Ketabi Cafe at 10am prior to the walk if they wish. Morning tea is available at $9.00 per person.
Your bush walk discovery journey commences from the Visitor Centre with Heather at 10:30am. The walk duration is approximately one and a half hours and is suitable for those with a moderate fitness level. The tour will conclude at the Visitor Centre at 12pm at which time participants are welcome to enjoy lunch in the café (at their own expense) or hop on the next available Zu-loop shuttle bus with our volunteer guides and continue to explore and learn about our inhabitants.
- 10.00am Morning Tea in the Café (optional)
- 10.30am Walk commences – departs from Monarto Safari Park Visitor Centre
- 12.00 noon Walk concludes
- Afternoon free to explore the Zoo via our free guided Zu-Loop shuttles
- General admission: Payable on entry.
- Valid Zoos SA members are free of charge on presentation of their membership card and photo ID.
- General admission includes unlimited access to the Zu-Loop shuttle buses, wildlife viewing platforms and free keeper presentations.
- Guided bush walk:- Free of charge. (Bookings highly recommended as space is limited)
Optional morning tea at own cost. Participants have the opportunity to enjoy a meet and greet morning tea in the Cafe with Heather Caddick prior to the hosted bush walk if they wish.
Cost $9.00 per person includes choice of 1 cake from the café cake display, small tea or coffee or water. Payable directly to the friendly Café staff on the day.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Book now as limited spaces available.