Walking SA is seeking candidates to fill vacancies on the Board.
Our vision is to see more people walking more often.
Help us to raise the profile of walking and increase the participation rate.
We welcome nominations from people with experience or background in:
- Recreational walking including hiking and walking
- Policy development around walking, including walking for health, leisure and transport
- anyone concerned with improving walking awareness and opportunities for all in South Australia
Walking SA is the not-for-profit peak body that leads, promotes and supports all forms of walking in South Australia, including walking for recreation, transport, health, wellbeing, organised events, adventure, environmental appreciation and fun experiences.
Our members include walking clubs, informal groups, individuals and organisations whose aims and objectives align with those of Walking SA.
We provide leadership by:
- Promoting opportunities to improve the health and lifestyle of South Australians through walking.
- Offering expertise, guidance and advocacy for the development and maintenance of safe and supportive walking environments throughout South Australia.
Interested people are invited to read our Strategic Plan 2017-2019.
The election of Board Members will take place at the Annual General Meeting:
- Venue: Plant 4, 1 Third Street Bowden
- Date: Thursday 12 October 2017
- Time: 6.30pm for 7pm start, followed by networking and refreshments
The vacancies are for a two year term. The Board meets on the second Thursday evening of each month, with intentions to move to a bi-monthly meeting model. The Board meets at Walking SA’s office in Marleston. The positions are voluntary roles and are unpaid.
Make a difference to help all South Australians discover the role different forms of walking can play in their health and wellbeing.